Terms and Conditions – Email Correspondence
By agreeing to receive correspondence by email (“the scheme”), in return for a 10% reduction in management fees, you are agreeing to the following conditions being incorporated in your contractual agreement with Walker Sandford.
These conditions are intended to be read in conjunction with the Standard Conditions of Management of Premises in Flatted Property as published by Walker Sandford and as amended from time to time. These being available on request from Walker Sandford. The conditions contained herein are not intended to over write or amend any of those terms and in a situation where there may be a conflict of conditions, the Standard Conditions of Management of Premises in Flatted Property are to be considered superior.
- All non-emergency communication is to be carried out by email
- Any response to an enquiry will be issued by email.
- The administration of the client’s email account so as to ensure that they can receive, read and file mail is entirely the responsibility of the client.
- In order to view the email correspondence and invoices, clients will require to install Microsoft Snapshot Viewer. Details of how to obtain this free of charge will be attached to each email and available from our web site. It is the client’s responsibility to download this in order to be able to receive the mail sent.
- An email received from the authorised email account of a client will be treated as a binding document as if signed by said person. The security of the email account, in order to prevent malicious or fraudulent use by any third party is the responsibility of the account holder.
- Paper copies of documentation or correspondence will be issued on request. An administration fee of £2.50 plus VAT per item will be charged for any such copies.
- Walker Sandford undertake to process and respond to emails as per their published Service Level Agreement which is available from their web site or by request.
- This offer is made under the condition that the standard payment terms as advertised are adhered to.
- Where an account falls in to arrears in excess of 60 days, default notices and a final reminder will be issued by standard mail. An administration fee of £15 plus VAT will be charged for any such correspondence.
- Further to a final reminder being issued as per point 9 (above), where the account is not settled within the timescale laid out in the final reminder, the account will be removed from the email only facility. At that time, the discount will be considered null and void and a charge for the discount amount since the last payment received applied to the account. The full account will thereafter be pursued through those legal channels available to us at the time.
- In the event that an account is removed from the scheme under the terms of points 9 and 10 (above), said account will only be re-admitted to the scheme after the account is settled in full, including the rescinded discount management fee.
- No retrospective discount will be applied in the case of a new client joining the scheme or an existing client being re-admitted under the terms of point 11 (above).
- When communicating by email, clients are asked to ensure that their emails are labelled clearly. A client account number or address is to be inserted in the subject box. Due to the potential for viruses and other threats to the security of internal system security, any emails that are not clearly identifiable as client correspondence will be deleted on sight and not opened. In this situation, Walker Sandford can accept no liability for the content of said mail and any subsequent action or omission.
- Incoming emails will be retained by Walker Sandford for the purposes of reference and fact verification. The information stored by Walker Sandford will be subject to the terms of the Data Protection Act.
- The payment of management fees to Walker Sandford does not cover the provision of technical support in the case where clients are experiencing difficulty with the mail facility. Once it has been established that there is no fault in the outgoing service, clients will require to seek further assistance in this regard from suitably qualified or knowledgeable persons.
- Clients can remove themselves from the scheme at any time by sending an email labelled “Cancel” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the situation where a client leaves the scheme under the terms of point 16 (above), any retrospective issue of correspondence will be subject to the administration charges detailed in point 6 (above).
- Walker Sandford reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.